Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Flash from the Past

Tonight I went to a baby shower. The baby shower was for my friend Carrie. I have been friends with Carrie since I was three years old! She is due with her first in September. While I was at the shower, no one really knew who I was until Carrie said "Don't you remember Courtney Kendall?" Then everyone was like "Wow, the lat time I saw you, you were like this high and you were only like ten or eleven." It was awesome to get to see the Wilson family again. The moment I stepped into their backyard, I had this flood of childhood memories all come back at once. I use to play at their house, in their backyard all the time. I really enjoyed myself. I was telling my mom later after the shower that I have had a family (not related to me) that really affected my life. The Wilson family was the family of my childhood. They took me to church with them and let me into their lives, I am grateful for the kind people that they are and truly believe they were meant to be part of my life. Then I had the Page family. They were that family of my teenage years that guided me through the toughest times of my life. They too took me to church. I believe that without these two families I wouldn't have the blessings I currently have in my life. I am grateful for them, I really am!

1 comment:

Tiff-E said...

Oh how fun! I absolutely love reminiscing...(not sure how to spell that one...) There's nothing like the feeling of being with friends that you have known forever!