Monday, March 16, 2009

What a GREEN Little Boy!


This past weekend, I was sitting in my living room when my three year old little boy brought me a grocery sack full of garbage. I asked him why he had garbage. He had gone through the garbage can and pulled out everything (luckily we had taken out the garbage recently and there wasn't much in there) that had the recycle symbol on it. He said, "Mom, do you see this circle sign with the arrows?" I said, "yes." He went on to say, "Do you know where I found these?" I said, "where?" He said "In the garbage can, that circle means you put in the recycling can. I will put them in there this time." I really didn't know what to say. I would love to say that I taught him what recycling is, but I think the TV beat me to it. I am so proud of him. I am now going to watch what I put in the garbage vs our recycling can.
Thanks Bridger for opening mommy's eyes.

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a smart 3 year old! I am so impressed.