
Needless to say the past five days have been eventful. It all started Wednesday with my first weekly doctors visits. I went in to find out that I was already dilated to a 3 and effaced to 80%. No big deal, people keep telling me that it doesn't mean he is coming soon. All it means is that my body is getting ready. All day Thursday, I experienced contractions about 10 to 15 minutes apart all day, but they never got stronger or closer together. We went to find out what Brad's parents needed us to do as they were getting ready to head to Driggs, ID for the next week. Brad's mom kept telling me I needed to wait for them to get back. I told her I would try, but if he decided to come then he would come. On Friday I was still having contractions about 10 minutes apart all day. I left work planning on returning on Tuesday. I went and got my nails done and my glitter toes done. Joking around with my cousin that we got them done just in time for him to come that night. Then about 10 minutes before I headed home Brad called to tell me that his parents van died on the way to Idaho and they were stranded in McCammon, ID and he had to go get them. I insisted on going with him as I was still having the contractions. We loaded up the car with the kids and drove to McCammon (about a 2 hour drive each way). My contractions stayed 10 minutes apart until we reached Logan and then they started to get closer. They were now 8 minutes apart. We reached Brad's parents loaded up their stuff and headed home (it took about an hour to get their trailer and stuff loaded). By then my contractions were about 6 to 7 minutes apart. I started to worry and we started heading home. They got even closer and we arrived after 2 hours of them being 5 minutes apart back in Salt Lake at 1 am. Brad's parents kept Bridger and Macie and we headed to the hospital. We were the fourth pregnant women to arrive within that hour and we were all considered pre-term. They monitored me expecting me to go home, but when they checked on me an hour later, I was dilated to a 4, then an hour later to a 5. At 4 am they admitted me and decided I was going to deliver. Well needless to say they checked me every hour and at noon I hadn't progressed any more, they considered sending me home, but they weren't sure if my water had broken or developed a leak so they waited on the doctor (who wasn't mine because they couldn't reach him). They gave me the decision to go home and probably come back later or stay and be put on pitosin. Brad and I decided to stay and seven hours later Owen entered the world. He weighed 7lbs 5 oz and he was 19.25 inches long. The nurses said he didn't look or act like a preemie. His blood sugar kept dropping so we worked hard to get that raised. We are now home and we are doing well. Bridger and Macie are in love with their new baby brother and they are glad we are all home. It was a crazy adventure, but it all ended well.




2 comments:
Congrats!! What a story! Thankfully he waited a little longer, huh!? I am glad you are doing well, and he is such a cutie!!
He really is such a cutie pie! Congratulations again!!!
Post a Comment