Monday, July 21, 2008

Helmet Update

So Macie has had her helmet since Friday. She has the strongest little spirit, and it is amazing to me how she learns and develops each day. She has been through allot during her short time here on earth and has fought her way through it all. Last night was her first night sleeping in the helmet and she slept all night long (Yeah for me and her). Today was her eight hours on and one hour off. She acts like it isn't even on. I am already seeing her head shape change I will have to post a picture of what it looked like before and how it is changing, so I can share this with everyone. I really didn't think it would work so fast that I can see improvement after only three days. Today at physical therapy the therapist told us that the helmet starts working right away and wasn't surprised to see a change after only three days. Her next appointment she said she would re-measure her head to show me that it is changing. She also told us how well she is doing and progressing, it is so nice to see the difference in her neck strength and body strength two weeks ago compared to today. He is starting to move more, sit up on her own, and reach for toys on her own. She still has a long road of physical therapy ahead of her. Plus like 2 months, 1 week, and 3 days until she could potentially get the helmet off. I am not counting or anything! :)

No comments: