Monday, July 7, 2008

Macie is Getting a Helmet!

I took Macie back to the plastic surgeon today. He feels that it would be the best if she got a helmet. She has plagiocephaly (flattening of the skull) and Torticollis (her right neck muscle isn't as strong as her left, causing a slight tilt in her head). She will be fitted for the helmet tomorrow morning. I am not sure how long she will have to wear it but I have done some research and it is usually 3-6 months. I will find out more tomorrow at her fitting. I am actually handling this allot better than I thought I would. I guess after her RSV ordeal this is nothing. I will post pictures of her in the helmet once she gets it. I am going to make her look adorable in the helmet. I will make bows to put on it and head bands. She will be one styling baby!

No comments: