Thursday, July 3, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Bridger my three year son has wowed me and made me laugh pretty hard at some of the things he says. Tuesday night he spent the night at his Grandma's so I could take Macie to her physical therapy appointment early Wednesday morning. Well Tuesday night I got a call from my mom who was laughing so hard because he got her tape measure and held it vertical to her and said "Yep your tall enough," then went to pull the tape measure horizontal and he said "Yep your fat enough." I laughed pretty hard, I don't think it would have been so funny if he did this to a stranger.

Some other things he has said:

- He brought us some honey out of our pantry and said " Mom and Dad we need to talk, this honey you have in the closet belongs to the bees. You need to give it back to them right now or they will be mad."

-He calls his little sister "My Princess" and tells everyone who comes near "go get your own baby this one is mine."

-I was leaving for work and we were walking down to the car and I said "Bridger I love you so much" and he said right back "Mom it is not the time or the place to be saying that to me." Ten minutes later when we were driving he piped up from the backseat "Mom I have thought about it, I really love you too."

- About a month ago Bridger was at my parents house helping them feed their chickens (that is a long story) but any way, he loves to help them. Well on this occasion he made the Rooster feel like he was taking over his territory and the Rooster started kicking him and scratched his elbow. Well for weeks after when he heard the word rooster he would say really really fast " Rooster, I was attacked by a rooster, it hurt my belbow do you want to see?"

-I bumped into him and he fell over, I told him I was so sorry. He turned to me and said "Mom, you just knocked me over like a bowling pin!"


I just love that he can talk to me, he is a sponge which makes me nervous, so we try really hard to watch what we say, and watch what he sees on TV, so he isn't in nursery and he says something not so cute. He makes me laugh daily.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

I can't wait until Amelia can talk to me! How cute!

And I have to say that we had our struggles getting Amelia here safe too! I was in the hospital for 4 days at 32 weeks and they almost had to deliver her because she had fetal heart block and it was just CRAZINESS for the last 8 weeks of my pregnancy. Kids are a blessing no matter the struggle though, you know? I will pray for your little girl!
xoxo