Thursday, August 19, 2010

Motherhood



I was feeling pretty down on my mothering skills until I listened to this talk. I know that part of it is all the hormones flowing through me. I have cried allot more this time around and I have felt more blue than I did with my first two.

Today was the first day I have had energy, which I haven't had in awhile. I have gotten more laundry done and the dishes caught up but I still feel like I could be a better mom and be more patient with my kids. I sometimes feel like I am not doing as good of job because Bridger doesn't know every letter in the alphabet by sight and Macie is not potty trained yet. In the midst of having these frustrating feelings I opened a friend from high school's blog and this video was there. It touched me more than anything has. I am grateful that she posted it.

I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father and by having these three wonderful blessings in my home I am doing his work and being a mom will bring me several blessings. I am grateful that I was chosen to raise these three sweet spirits and I will try to remember that when they are fighting or spreading Desitin all over their body, or at night when I wish I could get one more hour of sleep. I love being a mom and they are the best thing that ever happened to me.

2 comments:

Amy said...

That was perfect - it brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing it.

The Baileys said...

I have felt and still feel the very same way!! It is hard when you don't feel you have done as well with your kids as others have with theirs...your kids are right where they need to be!! You are doing awesome at the hardest, most emotionally and mentally draining job you will ever have!

As they say...."It won't be like this for long" You are strong, you are amazing, you are a mother :)