Monday, August 30, 2010

Sleep, Naps, and Two Year Olds

Owen has been sleeping really well at night. For the past week or so he has slept 7 or more hours. This has been nice, but I hope he doesn't decide to revert back when I go back to work in a few weeks. Since he has been sleeping so well at night, it seems like he isn't napping during the day, so I have a hard time getting laundry, dishes, etc done. When he is awake he wants to be near me (in my arms) or he fusses. I thought at first that he might sense I am going back to work soon, but that thought changed today. I got him to sleep and went to put in a load of dishes, when I came back in the living room my two year old was trying to give him his pacifier even though he was a sleep. He woke up and started crying.

Bridger was so good with Macie so I didn't have to worry about naps, she still napped, but she doesn't want him to sleep and likes to wake him up. When I ask her why she woke him up she tells me that "him don't want to take a nap" I really want him to nap longer but at the same time I want him to continue to sleep through the night. I am not sure which is better.

I think he wants to be in my arms to get away from her. She is so rough with him lately. I try not to get too mad at her because I don't want her to resent the baby. Two year old girls are rough and I can't wait until she grows out of her attitude. My parents tell me that I never did grow out of mine (I hope they are teasing). I guess we will see.

1 comment:

Becka & Jared said...

Mya was the same way..still is kinda...she sleeps GREAT at night but took "cat naps" during the day. It was very difficult to get anything done but I would chose night sleep any day, I don't function well without that sleep. Macie is too funny, what a handful!