Saturday, September 20, 2008

Macie and My Dad / Potty Training Update / Dad's Surgery

Well I have had a lot going on over the past couple weeks. First of all I am thrilled to announce that Macie let my dad hold her and she didn't cry. Ever since she was born the minute my dad would pick her up she would start screaming bloody murder. We couldn't figure out why she did this. Well at my brother's wedding, he held her, he danced with her, and she didn't make a sound! Yeah I am so thrilled.


Now for potty training, this is so tough! Well today was a great potty training day. Bridger had some huge milestones, so far. First of all when we were at Costco, he used a public toilet. Second he pooped in his potty. He hasn't done this yet. We have been using a Potty Watch, that goes off every 30 minutes to remind him to use the potty, well today, he walked up to his dad and said "My Potty Watch isn't going off and I need to potty!" Hallelujah we are making progress. The only thing is, he refuses to use the potty at my mom's house (that is where he is while I am at work). She is making him a potty prize board, hopefully that will encourage him. We will see, I am hoping the pull-ups will soon turn to big boy underwear as pull-ups are more expensive than diapers!

My dad found out on Friday that he won't have to have open heart surgery. Yes, I am so thrilled, they are going to fix his heart using a catheter. He has to wait until he hasn't had any dental work done in the last 30 days, so we aren't sure when the procedure will be done. I still pray that he can get this done before it causes any more stress on his heart.

1 comment:

Lisa Robbins said...

Oh, that is so sweet. How did you just not cry and your dad not cry when Macie didn't cry? That really is so touching. That is so good to hear about your dad too.