So
Macie went and saw the plastic surgeon today. He is the one who started us on the road to a rounder head. He sent us to Physical Therapy and to get the helmet. He wants to check her head out every six weeks to see how she is progressing and he will make the ultimate decision on when the helmet comes off. Being my optimistic self I went in today hoping he would say like 2 more weeks and she will be done. Nope, he wants to see her in six more weeks to see if her forehead has changed and informed me the helmet will stay on until her head bones are more pliable. They don't want her to get any more flat spots. So we have at least another 6 weeks of the helmet. I am still optimistic that it will come off before Halloween, or she will be a lady bug minus her cute antennae. Well this has been experience that is for sure, hopefully the next six weeks will Cruz on by and I won't get any more frustrated! I should take my Friend Bonnie's approach to Thursdays and be Thankful that
Macie has the Medical Technology that we have today. She has benefited and we have been blessed to live in a time where RSV can be handled with out too many problems and a flat head can be fixed with a treatment not involving major surgery. I am very thankful for my family and the blessings in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment