So Monday night I was out shopping for a new vacuum and I got a phone call from my dad. He told me that they wanted to do a
procedure to take pictures of his heart through a cathater because there was
something abnormal. A couple of months ago, I went out to his house to find out that he was in the hospital with chest pains, so when I got this call, I got really worried. Well he had the procedure done Tuesday and they found a hole in his heart. He has had this hole since birth but it is causing his heart to work 3 times harder than normal which is causing his heart to enlarge. There are two types of surgery to repair this one is through a catheter and is the better of the two surgeries. The second one is open heart surgery and they will have to stop his heart make the repair and re-start his heart. Well it is looking like option two might be the best, but we haven't heard officially yet. I am so worried, if you know me I tend to worry. I had to get this off my chest so I wouldn't start crying at random over it. I know that the medical technology is great and very advanced, but I am done with hospitals and surgeries for this year.
4 comments:
Courtney!! I am so sorry to hear about your dad's heart. Although lucky that they sought to find it. I'm sure everything will work out fine. Let me know if I can do anything for you!!
My Husband, Dan, has had 4 heart surgeries. He was born with some problems including coarctation of the aorta and a bicuspid aortic valve. His last heart surgery was in 2003 when we were dating. I was in school and we found out that he had to have the surgery 5 days before it occurred. I couldn't think about ANYTHING else, which was bad because I was supposed to have 2 finals the day before the surgery. I was lucky because my teacher let me out of BOTH finals. (I totally would've failed. My brain would NOT focus!)
Although I don't know what it's like to have a Dad go through this, I kind of know how you feel and it is SO stressful! Although there is nothing you can do, you just can't help but worry and pray. I'm sure everything will be fine. Medicine truly is amazing. Honestly. They replaced 3 inches of Dan's aorta in this last surgery.
I will pray for you and your Dad. I'm sorry that you have to go through this. GOOD LUCK!
PS - Something that I'm not sure if the docs have talked to you about, but you might want to look in to... Is this genetic? Maybe you and your children should get echos done to check if somehow there is a similar or other heart related problem. Always better to be sure. I can't believe they never knew about this before now! Crazy!
Oh Courtney, I am so sorry!! It seems that you have had a tough year, it always seems to come in storms like that doesn't it? We will keep you guys in our prayers! And as hard as it is sometimes, everything always works out. Heavenly Father is so mindful of your dad and your family and I know that you guys will be blessed during this. Keep us updated okay?
Oh Courtney, I am sorry to hear that. I hope everything goes well. We are here for you if you need anything.
Love,
Lisa Robbins
Post a Comment