Bridger has been so easy as far as breaking him from the bottle (he woke up one morning and refused to take it, he wanted a cup), sleeping in a big boy bed, never had a binkie or sucked his thumb so I didn't have to break him of that, but POTTY TRAINING has been a NIGHTMARE! He absolutely has refused to use the potty. He keeps telling me "Mom when I decide to use the potty, I will let you know!" or "Why do I need to use the potty when I have a diaper on?" I tried everything, he picked out his potty and his big boy underwear, but still nothing. So I got a chart for him to put stickers on, nope he wasn't interested. So we bought little toys and told him he could have one once he went potty, we displayed them high enough he couldn't reach them but could still see them, needless to say they have dust on them! He even tells my visiting teachers when they come over that "When I DECIDE to use the potty I get one of those." This past weekend, I took his diaper off and put big boy underwear on him. He wanted his diapers, I told them they were all gone. So every five minutes he wanted to sit on the potty, which I let him. I was changing Macie's clothes when I heard him crying in the bathroom. I ran in there and he said "I am so sorry mom, I tried to go but it got all over? He sat on the seat but forgot to tuck himself in. I couldn't have been more thrilled. I told him I was proud of him and was so excited! He called his dad and told him "I went potty, and it made mom sooooo happy!" He got one of his toys. I thought great this is great he is heading in the right direction. Well I had a bridal shower to go to and he stayed home with his Aunt Liz. We were gone for a couple of hours and he stayed dry the whole time. He was sitting on his aunt's lap and when I got home he got excited and peed on her lap. After that he was pretty upset and had lots of accidents all weekend. Today he only wanted to wear his pull-ups he would say "I keep having accidents, I can't wear underwear." Today I went and bought him a Potty Watch. It goes off every 30 minutes, it plays music to remind him that it is potty time. So I tried it out tonight, guess what it worked like a charm. I told my mom, that she needs to try this with him tomorrow. I am so proud of him, and I am thrilled that he showing some interest. I hope it keeps going forward! My goal is to have him potty trained by Halloween, and completely out of diapers, even at night by Thanksgiving. If anyone has any other suggestions, I am up for them!
Starting again
11 years ago




1 comment:
That is so cute Courtney. You're little boy is soooo funny. He is quite the character it sounds like. You are super funny too! I have always thought that. I love reading your posts, they make me laugh every time!!
Post a Comment